Cloud Computing Strategies
Author: Dimitris N. Chorafas
- Provides a clear explanation of cloud computing that is based on extensive research
- Supplies a snapshot of cloud vendors as a basis for evaluating cost effectiveness
- Examines the security and reliability risks associated with cloud computing
- Analyzes the benefits of open software and on demand services
- Illustrates key concepts with numerous examples and case studies
A guide to managing cloud projects, Cloud Computing Strategies provides the understanding required to evaluate the technology and determine how it can be best applied to improve business and enhance your overall corporate strategy. Based on extensive research, it examines the opportunities and challenges that loom in the cloud. It explains exactly what cloud computing is, what it has to offer, and calls attention to the important issues management needs to consider before passing the point of no return regarding financial commitments.
Illustrated with numerous examples and case studies, the book examines security, privacy, data ownership, and data protection in the cloud. It also:
Whether you’re already in the cloud or just considering it, the text provides the unbiased understanding of the strengths and weaknesses of cloud computing needed to make informed decisions regarding its future in your organization. The book’s strength is that it supplies authoritative insight on everything needed to decide if you should make a transition to the cloud.