Implementing and Developing Cloud Computing Applications
Authors: David E. Y. Sarna
- Covers the entire cloud application environment
- Explains how to develop new applications from scratch or migrate legacy software
- Includes comparative charts and decision trees to help navigate implementation alternatives
- Demonstrates how to choose the best combination of platforms, tools, and services
- Describes how cloud computing affects project management, budgeting, and lifecycle management
- Considers the major commercial offerings currently available
From small start-ups to major corporations, companies of all sizes have embraced cloud computing for the scalability, reliability, and cost benefits it can provide. It has even been said that cloud computing may have a greater effect on our lives than the PC and dot-com revolutions combined.
Filled with comparative charts and decision trees, Implementing and Developing Cloud Computing Applications explains exactly what it takes to build robust and highly scalable cloud computing applications in any organization. Covering the major commercial offerings available, it provides authoritative guidance through the implementation process. It puts cloud computing into historical context and considers how cloud computing affects project management, budgeting, and lifecycle management in your organization. It also explains how to:
From software and testing tools to best practices and service providers, this book considers the entire cloud application environment. It details the platforms available, tools that facilitate development, as well as the costs involved. Designed for software developers and their managers, this complete resource includes case studies that illustrate the latest cloud computing technologies, implementation issues, and solutions. It also provides access to a blog to keep you current on the latest developments.